The college makes all-out eﬀorts to help the disadvantaged students with concessions and boost the performance of gifted students with scholarships and freeships. The college spent more than 80 lakhs to beneﬁt more than 1500 students, through its various schemes.
|Nature of Aid/ Incentives||No. of students benefitted||Amount Spent (Rs.)|
|Merit Freeship / Concession||290||16,23,430.00|
|Youth Welfare/Cultural Concession||20||2,27,670.00|
In the category of Scheduled Caste scholarships, a total of 222 students were benefitted. The financial assistance was given by Punjab government.
- National Scholarship Scheme (Annual family income should not exceed Rs. 2,50,000).
- State Government/University/Board Merit Scholarship Scheme. (There is no income limit).
- Smt. Ram Piari Sodhi Memorial Scholarship.
- Mehar Mohan Indira Ram Dass Trust, Amritsar, Scholarship.
FINANCIAL AID FOR SCHEDULED CASTE/BACKWARD CLASS STUDENTS
No fees and funds would be charged from the students of scheduled caste category as part of Post Matric Scholarship Scheme (conditions apply).
According to the provision of the scheme, only two children of the same parents/ guardians are entitled to receive scholarships. In case two children of the same family have already availed of the scholarship, the third is not eligible to receive the scholarship for all times to come, in case of scheduled caste.
Special scholarships for girl students under the Government of India Post Matric Scholarship Scheme, are available to those scheduled caste/tribe
students who are permanently settled in Punjab State and are pursuing post matriculation studies. The annual family income from all the sources should not exceed Rs.2,50,000 in any case. Backward Class Stipend is given to the student, whose parents’ annual income does not exceed Rs.1,00,000.
Note: A student belonging to this category should have a current online account in the bank as the fees / funds shall be paid through bank account by the State Development Board.
STIPEND TO THE WARDS OF THE ARMED FORCES
The prescribed forms are available in the office of the District Sainik Welfare Officer. The applications complete in all respects are to be forwarded
through the head of the institution. The amount of the stipend will be given to the students on receiving the same from the office concerned. EDUCATIONAL CONCESSIONS to the wards of officers & men of the Armed Forces killed/ disabled during hostilities. The college gives a concession to the tune of Rs.1,000 (one time) and Rs.100 per month to the wards of JCO and below the rank of JCO. The concession is Rs.2,000 (one time) for the professional courses.
Awards of Excellence
- His excellency, Late Shri Surinder Nath, Governor, Punjab, instituted Smt. Saraswati Devi Award in the memory of his mother, to be bestowed upon the student of TDC III who has excelled in academics as well as co-curricular activities.
- Sh. Ram Nath Khanna Award for Excellence is given to the best TDC III student in Sanskrit. Smt. Santosh Tiwari Award for best student in Sanskrit.
- Smt. Roop Rani Ram Ratan Kapoor Award to the student securing highest marks in vocational subject in TDC III. Sh. Ram Nath Khanna Award for Excellence is given to the best TDC III student in Hindi.
- Sh. Satya Pal Mohindru Award is awarded to the most outstanding student of Mathematics in TDC III. Sh. J.S. Kohli Award is given to the most outstanding student of English in TDC III.
- Smt. Amba Dutt Lakhanpal Award for Best Student in Computer & IT. Smt. Mohan Devi Lakhanpal Award for Best Student in Design.
- Smt. Mela Devi Memorial Scholarship for Best Student in Fine Arts.
- Smt. Kaushalya Devi Aneja Award is given to Wizards in Mathematics.
- Shri Manohar Lal Aneja Scholarship is awarded to four deserving and meritorious students from BA, B.Sc. (Economics/ Non-Med./ Computer Science).
- Smt. & Sh. Krishan Lal Gupta Award for the Best Student in IT & Computer Science.
- Smt. Jiwan Sodhi Memorial Scholarship for Best Student in Fine Arts.