NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME
NSS unit of the college works for the development and upliftment of society. It enrolled 300 volunteers in the session 2017-18 and celebrated NSS day & Yoga day. It also organized cleanliness drive under Swachh Bharat Pakhwara. NSS volunteers organized various lectures to educate the masses about women’s menstrual hygiene, nutrition recipes, career counselling etc. Open defecation survey was conducted in adopted village of NSS unit, Qila Jiwan Singh. Free medical checkup camp was also organized. An awareness rally, ’Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’, in collaboration with the Deptt. of Women and Child Development was organised.
- To enrich the student’s personality and deepen her understanding of the social environment in which she lives.
- To develop socio-economic awareness and encourage the students to impart the same to the illiterate community of the area adopted.
- To develop socio-economic activities designed to tackle social problems.
Incentives & Weightage
- The college awards concessions and incentives to the best NSS Volunteers.
- The volunteers get additional 3 percent marks in aggregate for seeking admission to higher class after graduation. Punjab State Youth Award of Rs.5,000 is given to volunteers who give distinguished social and national services. One special excursion trip/picnic is arranged for NSS volunteers.
- NSS volunteers get a special 10 percent discount on the total cost of all the college trips and tours. Best NSS Volunteer is honoured on Annual Awards Day.
It is noteworthy that the college holds the camps even when the grants don’t flow from the funding authorities.
NSS WOULD SURELY BE A REWARDING ACTIVITY FOR VOLUNTEERS AND CAMPERS.