Students in arts and humanities have diverse subject options in languages, social sciences, fine arts & economics. These can open up avenues in fields as diverse as journalism, advertising, foreign trade and civil services. Mathematics with humanities widens the career options. The vocational streams (Group-X onwards) equip the students for jobs after graduation.
SUBJECT COMBINATIONS FOR BA
• General English and General Punjabi are compulsory.
• Students from other states can opt for Basic Punjabi in lieu of Punjabi in BA-I.
• Students can opt for any one group of the following, selecting three subjects, picking one each from (a), (b) & (c).
• A student will have to study the same subjects for three years taken in BA Sem-I.
• A student cannot opt for more than two vocational subjects in BA Sem-I.
• Students will have to clear a paper of Environmental Studies in BA Sem-III or IV.
|GROUP VII||Mathematics/ Quantitative Techniques with any two of the following:|
|GROUP VIII||Geography with any two of the following:|
|Group IX||Tourism and Travel Management with any two of the following:|
|Group X||Fashion Design and Garment Construction with any two of the following:|
|Group XI||Still Photography and Audio Production with any two of the following:|
|Group XII||Gemology and Jewellery Design with any two of the following:|
|Group XIII||Computer Applications with any two of the following:|
- Mathematics cannot be taken with Fine Arts or Applied Art.
- Paper on Drug Abuse has been introduced as a compulsory subject for all Semester-I classes.